Pages

Thursday, September 28, 2017

News & Notes About The Bulldogs

• Kevin Kisner will represent the United States in the Presidents Cup this weekend at Liberty National in New Jersey. Thursday's action will feature five foursomes matches, with Kisner and Phil Mickelson battling Marc Leishman and Jason Day.

"Phil and I play a lot of golf together, and we have a good relationship on the trash-talking. So we thought it would be a good matchup with that," Kisner said. "I love the way he always grinds it out and gets it together, and he lives for these moments, so that brings out the best in him."

There will be five four-ball matches on Friday, followed by four foursomes and four four-ball matches Saturday, and 12 singles matches on Sunday.  All matches are worth one point each, for a total of 30 points. There are no playoffs, with each side receiving a half point if a match is tied after 18 holes.

• Keith Mitchell and Sepp Straka will be in action this week in the Web.com Tour Championship at Atlantic Beach Country Club in Florida. Mitchell already has secured his first PGA Tour card for next season as he enters the weekend No. 6 on the money list.

• Congratulations to Russell Henley, who was inducted into the Stratford Athletic Hall of Fame at his high school in Macon. Henley earned his third career win at the Houston Open in April and had five top-10 finishes with 22 cuts made in 27 events. He finished third in the Tour Championship on Sunday to end up 13th in the FedEx Cup standings. "I think in golf, you always want a little more, and that’s what has kept me improving," Henley told The Macon Telegraph. "I see a lot of areas in my game that I can keep getting better at and that I’m constantly getting better at, really believing in myself. This year was really good. It was a nice end to the season for me, and I think as a golfer you always want to be a little more consistent. So overall, if you’d asked me at the start of the year, 'Would you take a win, play all four majors, play well in the Masters, third in the Tour Championship and 13th in the FedEx?' I would have said, 'Sure.'”