Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Sigg Chosen As A Third-Team All-American


Georgia’s Greyson Sigg has been chosen as a Third-Team All-American by both the Golf Coaches Association of America and Golfweek Magazine.

Sigg, also a Third-Team by each outlet in 2016, finished the season with a scoring average of 70.50, which ranks third in the Georgia record book. The Augusta native wound up with six top-10s and eight top-20s in 11 stroke-play events, including a victory in the Linger Longer Invitational. Sigg was a First-Team All-SEC pick as determined by the league’s coaches.

Sigg is the 60th All-American in Coach Chris Haack’s 21 seasons at Georgia.

Sigg completed his collegiate eligibility in May and is currently playing on the Mackenzie Tour in Canada.

• Paul Claxton qualified for his first PGA Championship by finishing third in the PGA Professional Championship in Oregon. Claxton played on both the PGA and Web.com tours and he currently is PGA Director of Golf at Hawk’s Point Golf Club in Vidalia, Ga. The PGA Championship is slated for Aug. 10-13 at Quail Hollow.

"I'm looking forward to the PGA Championship," he said. "That was my goal coming out here, so I'm very pleased that I was able to do that. I've never played in one, so I'm looking forward to it. I've been working in a shop for two years, so I was leaking a little oil coming in. I need to work on my game a little bit before I head to Quail Hollow. It was fun to get in the hunt and feel a little pressure. It lets me know that I have some work to do and that's OK. I enjoy practicing and hopefully I'll get to do some more of it."

• Hudson Swafford, Brian Harman, Harris English and Bubba Watson will be in action this week in the Travelers Championship.

• Sepp Straka and Keith Mitchell are playing in the Web.com Tour's Lincoln Land Charity Championship.

• Scott Parel will be competing in the American Family Insurance Championship on the Champions Tour.