Pages

Monday, December 14, 2015

Mitchell Earns Web.com Tour Status

Congratulations to Adam Mitchell, who came in 21st in the Web.com Tour Q-School Sunday in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. By virtue of the top-45 finish, Mitchell earned fully exempt status on the Web.com Tour for 2016. Mitchell wound up at 4-under 282, paced by a first-round 68.

Mitchell quit competitive golf earlier this year to take a full-time job with his uncle’s company, Mitchell Metals. A few months after entering the office life, though, Mitchell’s competitive spark returned and he advanced through first and second stages with confidence.

"It’s just amazing,” Mitchell said told PGATour.com. “That golf ball, it doesn’t know who’s hitting it … it didn’t know that I was working and stopped playing. That’s just the way it is. If you keep battling and battling and believing in yourself, it shows you what you can do. I just got a fresh start and a fresh outlook and a fresh perspective. I know what the other side’s like, and it’s motivation not to do it. Because I know I have a gift. I know I’m a great golfer. It’s going to be a fun couple of months. A fun rest of my career.”

Also competing in the Web.com Tour Q-School were Keith Mitchell (108th, 6-over), Matt McQuillan (123rd, 8-over), and T.J. Mitchell (147th, 18-over). Scott Parel withdrew after three rounds.

• Harris English and Matt Kuchar came in second in the Franklin Templeton Shootout in Naples, Fla. They combined to finish at 28-under, just two behind Jason Dufner and Brandt Snedeker.