Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Macpherson Notches 2nd Win In 4 Weeks

Bryden Macpherson
JIUJIANG, China —Bryden Macpherson won the Lushan Open on the PGA TOUR China Series on Sunday for his second Series title in four weeks. Macpherson shot 2-under 68 in all four rounds.

Since returning to China, Macpherson's game has come together, with his two victories and a tie for third in his four starts.

“I think I played this well on the Web.com Tour in pieces,” Macpherson said. “I played really well on Thursday and Friday on the Web.com Tour, and sometimes Saturday morning. But by the ninth hole on Saturday, I would start to drop off. I didn’t feel comf
ortable. I played (in China) last year, and I felt comfortable because I knew how I could play for 72 holes. On the Web.com Tour, I would sometimes get in my own way and stop myself because I didn’t feel that comfortable. Now, I feel very comfortable about going back and playing the Web.com Tour next year.”

The win Sunday was his eighth top-10 in his last nine Series starts and his ninth in 14 career events.

• In case you missed it, Bubba Watson made a big family announcement last week. The two-time Masters champion announced in 2014 that he and Angie were in the process of adopting a second child. On Christmas Eve later that year, Watson announced that the couple had adopted Dakota as their second child. The 36-year-old cautioned at the time, though, that the adoption was not final. A near 10 months later, Watson can now officially say: Welcome to the family, Dakota!

• Hudson Swafford was the top Bulldog at the Frys.com Open in California in 17th place at 10-under. Erik Compton and Brendon Todd were 26th at 9-under, while Russell Henley was 41st at 6-under. Chris Kirk fell into the MDF (made the cut, but did not finish) category and Brian Harman missed the cut.

• Compton, Harman, Henley, Kirk, Swafford and Todd all will be in action this week in the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open in Las Vegas.

• Keith Mitchell finished fourth in the Mundo Maya Open in Mexico on the LatinoAmerica Tour.