Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

English Forces in Playoff on Nationwide Tour



In just his second event as a professional, Harris English fell just short of winning his second title of the season on the Nationwide Tour.

English played his way into a sudden death playoff with Danny Lee after 72 holes at the WNB Golf Classic in Midland, Texas. Aided by a third round 62, English tied Lee on 18-under, the two went to extra holes. Lee won the title with a par on the first hole of the playoff.

English was seeking his second win on the Nationwide Tour in 2011. He won the Children's Hospital Invitational in July as an amateur and turned professional before last week's Soboba Golf Classic where he finished T49.

"I didn't hit my tee shot where I wanted to in the playoff. I tried to get a good angle at the flag but kind of got a bad break but that's what happens," English said. I gave myself a chance for par and that's all I could get. I started off a little slow today with a bogey at No. 1 but the eagle at No. 12 really got me going and got me back in it and I kind of cruised in from there. Overall, it was a good day. I was just glad I was in it."

With his second-place finish, English earned $56,700 and he moved to 79th on the 2011 money list while fellow Bulldog Brendon Todd finished in a tie for 10th.

Both English and Todd will be playing again this week when the Nationwide Tour stops in Chattanooga, TN for the Childrens's Hospital Classic.  They will be joined by Bulldogs,  Paul Claxton, Erik Compton, and Justin Bolli.